Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's been a really long time . . .

. . . since we left Ghana, since I posted to this blog.

Today my friend Jen shared this TED video with me. I found it so moving. It brought me to tears. It brought me right back to Ghana. It immediately made me think of our friend Charlotte who is leaving for Uganda with Watoto in just over a week.

Next, I thought of this blog. This past week I have been reminded of our travels on several occasions and also reminded of just how long ago we were in Ghana. I think it will always feel like we were there 'just yesterday' because the experience was so rich and so it feels so strange to say we traveled there in November, 2007 - that was 21 months ago!

With that, I have decided to try my best to finish posting the rest of my hand-written travel journal here to this blog. I hope you will join me in sharing in the remainder of this long over due journey.

More to come soon (got lots of typing to do!),

Brandy

PS For those who no longer want to receive these automatic notices, you can edit your subscription here.



Here is Bruce with some of the village children.



This photo is so blurry but I love it. Me sitting in the desk with some local school children. They look so happy to share this with us.

No comments: